Welcome

Welcome to my Western Pennsylvania garden. Join me on a "Walk Down the Garden Path".

Friday, October 17, 2008

Woo - Hoo, I Won!

I was so excited when Fern at Life on the Balcony contacted me earlier this week and told me I had won her October contest for guessing how many cilantro seeds she had collected. You can see the picture of the actual seeds in my post from last Friday which also included my guess of 98. Well, I was only off by 2 - the actual number being 96.

The excitement of winning continued when my wonderful prizes arrived.
First was the book "Big Ideas for Small Gardens" by Emily Young and Dave Egbert.


Second was a $10 gift certificate to Renee's Garden where I can buy all sorts of cool heirloom seeds for next year!

Thanks so much Fern, I really enjoyed your contest!

Fern's going to be running a contest every month for the next several months, so be sure to keep an eye on her site. You might be the next winner. And even if you aren't, she always has great tips for small space / balcony gardening. This is a great site even if you have a large space, for what is a large space but a collection of smaller spaces.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your great prizes Cindy! Can't wait to see what kinds of seed you get for your garden! :)

Rose said...

How exciting, Cindy! I'll have to check out Fern's site.

Gail said...

Yippee! Congrats on the good eye and counting seeds...must be those young eyes! Isn't fun to win!

Gail

Fern @ Life on the Balcony said...

I'm so glad everything arrived quickly. Thanks again for participating!

tina said...

Congrats! That was a REALLY good count on the seeds! What great prizes too!

We made it back-finally! The trip back was not so fun, but we are all safe.

Shibaguyz said...

Congratulations! We bought that same book when we heard the author speak here at the garden show a few years ago. Great ideas that are easy to implement. Have fun with it!

joey said...

Well congratulatins are in order, Cindy. Have fun shopping!

Cindy said...

Thank you everyone for your congratulations. I am really looking forward to picking out some seeds. Probably in a couple weeks when we have the garden all tucked in for the winter. I'll be letting you all know what I decide on :)