Welcome

Welcome to my Western Pennsylvania garden. Join me on a "Walk Down the Garden Path".

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

February Flowers


Hello Blogging World!

I had taken a little vacation from blogging, well, maybe a long vacation from blogging, but I have not abandoned this blog. It's just that January and February are not so very exciting, gardening wise, here in Western Pennsylvania. And so I have been focusing my time away from the computer somewhat. Especially since if Lillian is awake and you are at the computer you will get nothing done as she must be at the computer working with you. So even though I have not been a good commenter as of late, my blogging friends, please know that I do keep you in my thoughts and I will be back into the blogging mania soon.

I thought I would post some pictures of my Valentine flowers and maybe it could bring some cheer to you as they have to me. I hope you had a wonderful Valentine's Day and that Spring is soon around the corner, despite what that Pennsylvanian groundhog indicated a couple of weeks ago.





Of course, I have to post an updated photo of my sweet baby who just keeps on growing and going! She doesn't like being shut up inside on these cold, cold days and can't wait to be outside digging in the dirt come Spring.

11 comments:

tina said...

She has grown and changed alot Cindy. Your Valentine's Day flowers are lovely. I am glad you are back-I've been wondering how you are and how those walking onions are doing:)

Gail said...

Hello my friend! I have missed you! Your flowers are beautiful but not as beautiful as Lillian! Glad you're back...you know when ever you can post is fine by us!

gail

Anonymous said...

Welcome back Cindy. Hope you are enjoying your break. Your Valentine's Day flowers are pretty and your daughter has really grown alot. :)

Cindy said...

Tina - Lily sure has been keeping me busy. There's not much going on in the garden yet, but I'm going to try and do a veggie garden update on the 20th :)

Gail - Such nice words, I have missed you too! I hope to be posting a little more frequently now :)

PGL - It's always good to have a break to renew the spirit and the mind. By now I should be very renewed :)

Anonymous said...

Cindy,
Nice to have you back!! Your February blooms are beautiful! I can't believe how much Lilian has grown since I last saw a picture of her. She's such a cutie!

Roses and Lilacs said...

Those are lovely flowers. I can sympathize with Lily. I don't like being shut up either. Soon she will be running and laughing in the sunshine.
Marnie

TC said...

It's great to see you posting again Ms. Cindy! I had even began to worry about you and asked Ms. Tina if she had heard from you. Of course, I had every intention of sending you an email but...

Anyway, I've missed you and I feel better knowing you and I are in the same boat with western PA's wait on spring!

TC said...

I forgot to mention how cute Lillian's getting! She's just a little doll baby!! Now go give her a hug for me!

Cindy said...

Liisa - thank you, I'm going to try to post more regularly now.

Marnie - yes, I think we are all waiting for some sunshine...warm sunshine that is.

TC - I hope you are surviving this cold, cold winter we are having. Don't worry if I don't post for a while, I'm just lacking in the time or the topic :)

Bren Haas said...

Can't wait to see what your Apricot Twist Sunflower does for you! I purchased some for this years sunflower garden as well.

Neshama said...

I'm joining in on your conversation a bit late (it's now late August; love this time of year as it begins to change into Sept) but I would like to know what the name of the February flower is? The single-flower picture - the pink petally one?

Hope you get this email and can respond.
Love your pics of the farm.