Welcome

Welcome to my Western Pennsylvania garden. Join me on a "Walk Down the Garden Path".

Monday, June 9, 2008

Beautiful Peonies !


Finally my peonies have bloomed. I don't know if it's because they are in the shade or because we live in Western Pa, but they never seem to bloom until we are into June. But the wait is well worth it. And I am very excited because the one plant which was given to me by my friend Peg, is blooming this year for the first time. She had gotten it from someone who had to dig up their peonies to widen a driveway or something. This was probably three years ago ! But finally this year it is blooming again.


The day that they actually did bloom (last Thursday, the 5th) I was afraid they were going to be ruined because that morning we had huge thunderstorms. But the blooms weathered it well and the scent is divine. As I was walking up the drive last night I could smell them. Oh how I love peonies, I think they are one of my favorite flowers.

No comments: